One of the most common things I hear as people are going through the divorce process is that they really want and need support. This is a stressful and confusing process. Paperwork is overwhelming, hiring an attorney is expensive and creates a lot of anger and conflict, and being in Court is totally unnerving. People typically do not go into the divorce process with knowledge or experience. Yet, this is one of the most expensive and stressful events in someone’s life.
Guidance and support is out there…..
After mediating and coaching thousands of children and parents through this process I have learned a thing or two.
- Just as you become a parent and don’t have a parent ‘instruction manual’ you also enter a divorce without a manual to help.
- There are many emotions in this process – fear, sadness, confusion, anger, and frustration. You have a range of emotions and so do your children and the other parent.
- Despite a parent’s best efforts, children still DO get caught in middle of the process.
- We tend to get caught up in the OLD stuff, the words that were said, behaviors that happened, just history. History is over. We need to be present and future focused.
- Support is one of the best things you can do for YOU and for YOUR CHILDREN!
I created Engage! because I want to see parents receive the support they deserve and learn how best to move forward in healthy ways.
Engage! is a monthly membership. What is included:
- A monthly Zoom call covering a topic of divorce/custody
- A monthly Q and A call to review issues you are struggling with and get answers
- Facebook community to share stories and learn healthy tips
- Case studies
- Email access to Dr. Barb for specific questions and issues (2-3 interactions per month)
- One 30 minute consultation call per month.
Don’t delay… your children are depending on you!